Saturday, 19 October 2013

Drumming #1 - Resume for Drummin'





Here is a brief summary of what brought me to the here and now ...... 
  • Percussion study and performance
  • Drumbeat Musical Therapy Program
  • Drum Circle Facilitation with Arthur Hull
  • BANA Kuma ceremony training with Chris Berry



Percussion Study and Performance

  • Studied drumming and percussion with Stan Witek from Tasmania since 2004
  • Drum Camps with Elliott Orr and the Spankinhide Mob
  • Training with Tara Tucker from Drum Up Big, Cairns, 2013 
  • Performed in community and paid gigs since 2005


Drumbeat Music Therapy Program

  • Trained in Drumbeat Music Therapy Program (Holyoake) May 2007. This is an early intervention program for ‘at risk’ youth. The program included An Introduction to the Drum as a Healing Tool in Therapeutic Practice.






Drum Circle Facilitation with Arthur Hull

Arthur Hull : Father of Drum Circle Facilitation





Training - Hawaii and Australia 2008 - 2011
  • Facilitators Basic Weekend Training ( 3-day) – Sydney, May 2008
  • Rhythmical Alchemy Playshop (3-day) – Perth, May 2009

  • Facilitators 7-day Intensive Playshop – Hawaii, August 2009

  • As member of Jampacked, brought Arthur Hull to Sydney to conduct 3-day Rhythmical Alchemy Playshop (RAP) in conjunction with the Sydney store Optimum Percussion. Here is the link to the RAP website: https://sites.google.com/site/sydneyrap2010/home
  • Facilitators Weeklong Intensive Training – Hawaii, August 2011
DCF Experience

Facilitated drum circles for various communities including :

Awakening Network Meditation Retreat; Kingston Schools Community Project with Tania Bosak, Dragon Boat Ladies (breast cancer survivors), Sustainable Living Expo 2011, TAFE Tasmania Disability Services, Oakdale Residential Services Community, State Library of Tasmania, Pathways to Manhood Festival, and community events in Tasmania.






BANA KUMA ceremony with Chris Berry

Bana Kuma is a “Sacred Altering” Ceremony with ancient roots,
 where rhythm, song and dance are used to heal and align one to their higher self.

Bana Kuma 4 day intensive 
(Northern NSW 2010)
  • Bana Kuma 6 day intensive 
    (Hawaii July 2011)

 And finally, a mantra I learned from Arthur ...


I drum, therefore, I roadie !!!!





 I expect I will write more blogs about drumming ... stay tuned :)




3 comments:

  1. Love your blog Wani. I had no idea there was so much in the drumming. I have to be patient, but I am so looking forward to starting. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great resume, it shows your creativity. And yes, there is so much to drumming. I love the sound of the workshop that connects you to your higher purpose. Coming to Darwin to run one of those perchance????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bana Kuma is truly divine, but I'm no way at that level - Chris Berry is the Master - I will leave it to him! I will let you know the next time he comes to Australia to run a workshop :)

      Delete